Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday

Ok. I am impatiently waiting to find out if I got a new position at work. I just want to go from Retail rental cars to Insurance rentals, but they are so corporate there. I had to write a formal letter of interest, my supervisor had to prepare a "packet" for me that includes a gushing letter of recommendation, my last yearly review and recent statistics. Then my supervisor helps me prepare for my interview, by setting up a mock interview with two other supervisors, and gave me a list of interview questions to be prepared to have answers for. He gives me tips like, "Make sure you don't smoke right before the interview or bring a tooth brush to use right before, Make sure you have a pad and pen and have at least ten questions ready for the end of the interview." I had to go to a formal interview, business suit and all, and wait an ungodly length of time to see if I got the job.

And to top all that off. . . I am taking a cut in pay if I get it!!

1 comment:

vivian said...

♪♪♪♪happy birthday to you ♪♪ happy birthday to you ♪♪ happy birthday dear valerie ♪♪ happy birthday to you♪♪♪♪♪
hope you get your job! and hope your out having fun for your 45th(?) birthday!